Why do people mark out (re: go crazy) for Card Company cash-grab holidays such as the 14th of February? It makes people look like sheep. In my opinion, if one needs a calendar to remind them that they must show "affection towards others" in the form of cards / chocolates / and other biodegradable materials, you're playin yourself.
I would rather see random acts of kindness instead of the cop-out style displays of 14th-of-February traditions. Especially this year when the economy has literally fell off the face of the earth. I've arrived at the following conclusion:
If you spend money on a card company manipulated holiday during a recession, you deserve to be called a fool with no questions asked.
I'll keep it brief, the only good thing about the February 14th, 2009 is that a brother can wake up and deposit his check, knowing that a three-day weekend lies ahead thanks to Family Day -- a holiday that I can actually take off from work. Cynical? Probably. It's just how I see it.
1 comment:
This "Card Company Holiday" is way over rated. So many people give in and spend cash because they are told to do so. I agree with you. You don't need a calender day to tell you to care for others. lol.
Post a Comment